What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Santa Fe
You realize you must safeguard your home. Beyond everything else, it’s the place where your loved ones live and is where you keep your possessions. But what form of home protection is right for you? Whether or not to utilize 24/7 monitoring is one of the primary choices you need to make. Learn more about the benefits and downsides of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Santa Fe and get a better sense of what’s ideal for you.
Differences Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you choose round-the-clock monitoring, your home’s protection bridges to an external monitoring service that is prepared to act at all times. When a door sensor triggers or a fire alarm goes off, your monitoring professionals get a warning instantaneously. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and dispatch the appropriate emergency professionals.
Conversely, an unmonitored security system doesn’t include professional support. You can consider this choice as self-monitored, which means that if your system is tripped, you need to take action to remedy the situation. This option is the cheaper alternative, but it also comes with less peace of mind.
Pros And Cons Of A Monitored Security System In Santa Fe
Here’s a brief look at the advantages and drawbacks of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a support system in place is always smart. If you are on vacation, not awake, or without your phone, your property and those inside will still be protected.
- Speedier response: Monitoring specialists are always ready. They’ll respond quicker to alarms than you can on your own.
- Insurance savings: Monitored home security systems could qualify you for a homeowners insurance discount.
- Better equipment and smooth integration: When you get hardware, installation, and monitoring from a respected home security provider, you will gain access to a fully connected system with components that may be of a higher quality than what you will discover yourself.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Cost: There is a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to use professional installation: Numerous individuals would prefer to have the install done by qualified professionals, but some might want to handle it on their own.
- Need to sign a contract: You will usually be required to sign a contract when opting for monitoring. This may be satisfactory for numerous residents as home security is a service you will want indefinitely.
Benefits And Downsides Of An Unmonitored Security System In Santa Fe
Here’s a brief breakdown of the advantages and drawbacks of an unmonitored security system.
Benefits Of An Unmonitored System
- Price: You won’t need to pay a monitoring fee.
- Install on your own: Do-it-yourselfers may consider this an advantage as they can do the installation themselves and not have an installation fee. Other residents may prefer going with a skilled technician.
- More Flexibility: You are able to integrate devices whenever you desire - and from different manufacturers. With that being said, you may find incorporating into a cohesive system more complex.
- You’re always in charge: There won’t be an outside company monitoring your system. If an urgent situation takes place, it’s up to you to get support.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you don’t have your cell phone and don’t see a security alert? This circumstance will lead to more stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your total attention: Since you are the only one in charge, you must always stay connected to your home security app.
- Installation is on your own: If you need assistance during the installation, you might have to pay for a separate contractor. The installation process is also likely to take a greater amount of time.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Santa Fe
Stay protected 24 hours a day with a monitored home security system in Santa Fe from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a fully integrated, monitored system is the right option for your family. Contact (505) 317-7139 today to customize your package.