Home security cameras can simply be used as a deterrent—something that informs burglars or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Thankfully, modern security cameras arrive equipped with a plethora of additions all designed to deliver comprehensive protection for your home. Whether it’s recording options and 2-way talk or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these tools enable you to have the most from video surveillance in Santa Fe.
How To Set Up Your Santa Fe Home Security Cameras For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is installing them in the proper spots around your living space. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in common spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great move to install a camera pointed at main hallways, stairs, or other transitional areas intruders would have to enter through to reach the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear scene of your front door, drive, front and patio, garage, and other exterior detached constructions, like sheds. And you can easily get a view of your front door via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are areas within your interior that are less imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have valuables in your bedroom, placing a camera in the room can hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion detectors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Enhance Security Cameras
Camera placement is only the first step in getting the all you can out of home security cameras in Santa Fe. The features described below help to maximize security and enhance overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic notifications on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to start capturing footage when activity is discovered which helps boost camera recording time.
- Cloud storage for smart clips: Set your video surveillance to capture footage and store clips for easy viewing anytime.
- Two-way audio: Nearly all of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you are able to chat with guests through the unit. Via your mobile app, you can make it seem you’re inside the building or talk to your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera video is, allows for a more comprehensive view of any space. Opt for cameras that provide at least 120° angle lens or that have the ability to pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Night vision: Ensure your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that will pick up video of overnight movement.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more specific, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your outdoor camera to inform you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore animals passing or the sidewalk.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, enable you to live-stream camera footage, direct cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send up-to-date texts when the detect something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in Santa Fe is simpler. From ultra fast motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to a powerful defense. Call (505) 317-7139 or complete the form below to start personalizing your home security system today.