Today's home security options have become more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to neglect to perform basic security duties like arming your a security system, shutting the garage door, or locking all your doors.
How would you feel if you no longer needed to worry about these things in the future? With geofencing in Santa Fe, you can simply drive off to work and have your home security system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In Santa Fe For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your property, which you may customize within your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to see when you go beyond the border and then triggers the tasks you have programmed.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a wireless communications standard that smart components take advantage of to communicate with each other. This innovative approach takes smart home devices further by centralizing all components onto the same network. You can then set up a unique boundary along the perimeter of your property and program the specific actions you want to occur if you go past the specified border.
For example, as soon as you leave your driveway, you could program your security system to engage door locks, lower the garage door, and turn on your alarm. Then, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing can alert your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your smart thermostat.
Below are a handful of the technologies you will be able to manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance and alarms
● Electronic devices like speakers or TVs
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With ADT Control
Geofencing is just one way you can utilize your property’s security system in Santa Fe. With the security app, you are able to make the most of automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart devices to activate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to tell you that it's bedtime, or disarm your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make certain components come alive based on another activity. Direct your thermostat to turn on the fan when a smoke detector trips. Or switch on your smart bulb in the hallway when your security camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Make scenes featuring various devices that all act in unison. Have your lighting switch off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for TV night with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set the security system if you're rushing around in the morning. With geofencing capability and your cell phone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and lower the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Santa Fe
Whether you seek additional certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Contact one of our knowledgeable team members today at (505) 317-7139 or send in the form below to start designing your optimal security system.